Thursday, April 8, 2010

You Tube, podcasts, eBooks, eAudiobooks and Downloadable Media.
Thanks I enjoyed the walk down memory lane with some Fred Dagg !!
My kids are on You Tube quite a bit watching music videos, Bindi the jungle girl, soccer videos..the list goes on.
I had a look at a few podcasts - Podcasts New Zealand, Radio Nz podcasts and PodcastAlley.com - decided to have a more indepth look at the i-tunes podcasts as that's what is on my computer. Was great - lots of stuff for me and the kids. I'll definitely use this tool again and it's great as all the podcasts in i-tunes are free.
The next task was looking at eBooks etc. Wow that was cool. I was aware there were eBooks but didn't realise there were so many different ways that people can access them, including such things as the "kindle" digital book reader. It sure would be good for travelers so they wouldn't have to carry books or even have the difficulty of finding them in their own language.
There were some good sites showing the 10 best places to get free books - also a useful thing to know.The Net Library was currently unavailable however i will visit it at a later date.
Thats it for week 9 !

No comments:

Post a Comment